Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Padayatra NZ update 1

Here's the culprit. Sripad Bhakti Shakti Swami. Me and Him are gonna walk all over New Zealand. After ironing out a few technical issues we'll be away. One issue is that he is not trained. Another one is that I am not trained. Another one is that we don't have any money. Another one is... who cares?

Champions don't care for impediments. They want results! And results we shall get. It's all mind set. I think. Or maybe the mercy of Krishna. In any case we have to push on.

Here's a success. It's us in the middle of town in Christchurch, NZ. No one was killed. The police didn't arrest us. It was all good.

Here's a failure.
Later that day he escaped from the temple and ran off down the road. That was embarrassing. It took the wind out of my sails a bit. We looked bad. It was potentially very dangerous and it was amazing no one was hurt (mercy of Krishna).

It's been almost a year since then. I am only now getting my enthusiasm back for the old bullock training. Here's some recent footage of the old boy





He comes when he is called.
He goes when I say Chello.
Stops when I say Woe
And he will follow me anywhere when he is on a lead.

He still has to learn not to get crazy when he is around new people or when he is in new situations. He has to learn to pull a cart as well.
We'll see how he goes. We will be reporting all progress (and failures) as we make it.
Om Tat Sat
raivata dasa

No comments: