Friday, June 27, 2008

Why I have a blog and what I want to achieve with it

Gentlemen,
Welcome to my blog and welcome to my first post.
Once upon a time our brahmacari leader from the Los Angeles brahmacari ashram, Mahat-Tattva das Brahmacari (now Temple President in San Diego) would say to us "In public you are a first class Brahmana, at home you are a second class Brahmana and when you are alone you are a third class Brahmana". His point is that when people can see what you are doing, you generally do it better.
With this blog I intend to document my thoughts and activities. My hope is that with the considered comments, suggestions and blessings of my readers I will grow and advance more than I would otherwise.
Also, I like to think that folks can learn from my mistakes and triumphs and the mistakes and triumphs of those around me. I will be writing a little bit about my experiences inside ashrams and temples and the history, programs and current circumstances of my local Hare Krishna community. Here is an example of the kind of thing that is perhaps possible only in Christchurch, New Zealand

Yes that is me in the red shirt and that is my bull. I will be posting about him too. I want to document his/our progress as we make it. So far is has been interesting.
For your pleasure I will try to make my posts and life as profound, interesting and entertaining as possible.
Yours in service,
raivata dasa

No comments: